DEWA – Ahead of Everything
May 4, 2019
Ask any person around you ‘where can a place with all the luxury and ultra-modern infrastructure be found?’ The answer will surely be ‘Dubai’. Isn’t it amazing to witness everything full of life when you take a peek at your surroundings? Obviously, it is!!! And the best part is that you can be a part of this experience. It can be regarded as a human psychology that once you experience something you feel is out of this world, you automatically go into a state of awe, and you start to complement the beauty.
But the matter of fact is that no one tries to compliment the efforts behind making that place worth watching. For instance, Burj Khalifa amazes everyone with the whopping height it is standing at, but no one compliments the efforts of various public bodies and authorities who worked day and night to make the project possible. One of the authorities is the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority – DEWA, which is committed to making Dubai a place full of energy and fun. Let’s take a look at how DEWA has been, and is, committed to making Dubai a place to live in luxury.
- Defeating the Masters of the Game: DEWA has defeated major players like the USA and the UK in the global race of reducing power and water transmission losses. The losses in power transmission and distribution as reported by DEWA are only 3.3% while the USA and UK have reported their number at 6-7%. Also, the losses in water distribution are only 8% as compared to 15% in North America. These figures definitely prove DEWA to be a potential competitor in the global market.
- Expanding the M-Station: DEWA is currently working to expand its electricity generation and desalination plant – M-station. The project has the current capacity to generate 10,000 MW of electricity and a desalination capacity of 470 million imperial gallons of water per day. The expansion, once completed in 2018, will boost the current capacity to 2,760 MW in order to meet the requirements of Dubai.
- World’s largest Single-Site Solar Project: DEWA is operating the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum solar park, which is the world’s largest single-site solar project. The project was launched in 2012 and its first phase was completed in October 2013 with a capacity of 13 MW. The second phase with a capacity of 200 MW was to be completed in April 2017 but because of the hard work and efficient management of DEWA, the plant was commissioned on 22 March 2017, ahead of the official commissioning date. With a total investment of about AED 50 billion, the plant will have the capacity to produce 1000 MW by 2020 and 5000 MW by 2050.
- Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050: His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum launched the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy in 2015. DEWA is working on this initiative wherein they are planning to provide 7% of Dubai’s total energy from clean sources by 2020, 25% by 2030, and 75% by 2050. That means the majority of the energy used in Dubai will be from clean sources by 2050.
- Smart Dubai Initiative: DEWA has introduced three smart initiatives to make Dubai a smart city. The initiatives are the Shams Dubai initiative, The Smart Applications and Meters initiative, and the Green Charger initiative. Shams Dubai initiative focuses on builders to introduce the use of photovoltaic solar panels in order to generate electricity. The generated electricity can be used to meet the self-demand of the building and the excess electricity can be exported to DEWA. The Applications and Meters initiative promotes the efficient use of renewable energy. The Green Charger initiative focuses on Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (EVCS).
- Future Visions: Dubai will be hosting the World Expo 2020 and DEWA has already started working on it. With a theme of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum believes the Expo will be the first of its kind and no one will have ever witnessed any such thing. In order to make this vision possible, DEWA has already allocated AED 3 billion to boost renewable energy projects, meet the highest international standards, and prove its excellence to the world. The Expo 2020 is set to open in October 2021 after the original opening schedule was canceled due to the pandemic.
With time, Dubai is emerging as one of the best markets in the world. If you are looking to invest and set up your own projects, then Dubai should be your first option. So don’t waste your time any further and start your dream project in Dubai – The Dream World. You just need to get some approvals from various authorities in Dubai. Dubai Approvals will make it even easier for your DEWA Application. Our team will help you with a step-by-step process so that you can get DEWA Approvals for your projects in a short span of time and give wings to your vision.