DEWA Application for Completion Certificate and As Built Approval
March 1, 2022
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority - DEWA provides the essential supply of electricity and water to customers across the emirate of Dubai. The authority endeavors to provide the highest quality customer services with reliable, clean, and safe electricity and water utilities. DEWA application for getting electricity and water services can be submitted through the authority’s E-Services system. Dubai Approvals Team helps clients with the document and drawing completion, application, and approval acquisition for different various construction projects.
DEWA Completion Certificate and As-Built Approval are needed for the final clearance of proposed projects prior to starting any construction work. The requirements needed for the application such as technical documents and drawings included in the list below must be submitted and will be technically reviewed for approval. Preparation of estimate on connection charges will then be further processed by the authority for field inspection and other relevant services needed. These estimates and charges will be subjected for payment subsequently, field works and inspections from the authority’s side will be carried out.
List of Requirements For Completion Certificate and As-Built Approval
The Completion Certificate for the Final Clearance and As-Built Approval submission requirements include the following below:
1. Cover Letter addressed to the Senior Manager from Infrastructure Information & Permits Department.
2. Copy of DEWA ED approved As-Built drawing in PDF Format - For Completion Certificate Application.
3. Full set of DEWA ED approved shop drawing with NOC for ED -Ducts and/or Cable Diversions along with NOC letter in PDF Format.
4. Full set of DEWA WD approved shop drawing NOC for Water Network Diversions and/or protection works along with the NOC letter as per the scope of work in PDF Format - For Completion Certificate Application
5. Full set of DEWA ED & WD construction NOC along with NOC letter in PDF Format
6. Key plan indicating the full project area - For Completion Certificate Application.
7. Project As-Built Drawing integrating DEWA services approved by project consultants & contractors are as follows:
- As-Built Drawing of DEWA ED Distribution Services with LV and HV Services showing completed future ducts and extension of the existing, spare, and split ducts in different colors with duct details. Must be in V7 / DWG & PDF Format, for Detailed Information on As-Built Approval / Completion Certificate for All Duct Works
- Submission Requirements For Completion Certificate and As-Built Approval As-Built drawings for 6.6kv, 11kv, 33kv cable diversion work prior approval by DEWA DPP-Road Projects. Must be in PDF Format - For Detailed Information on As-Built Approval / Completion Certificate for All Cable Works & All Joint Works
- As-built drawings should be integrated with the existing 132KV /400kv cables and O.H.L Services cable routes, along with TLP staff verification to confirm the clearance between existing 132KV trough/cable and 400kv cables / O.H.L Services to finish work and 132KV/400 VK cable route marker location in the project completed area. For Detailed Information on As-Built Approval / Completion Certificate for Cable Works & OHL Works with verification not exceeding 6 months old.
- As-Built Water layout drawing, profile, and cross-section acknowledged by DEWA.
- Project and Engineering Water Department. For Completion Certificate Application only.
8. The following is to be provided whichever is applicable:
- For RTA Road projects, the As-Built cross-section showing clearly DEWA reservation and type of construction on top of the DEWA corridor according to the site condition and approved by RTA in PDF Format.
- For Developer Road projects, an As-Built cross-section shows clearly DEWA reservation and type of construction on top of the DEWA corridor according to the site condition and approved by the Consultant and contractor in PDF Format.
- For Services Projects, As-Built cross-section showing clearly DEWA reservation and type of construction on top of DEWA corridor according to the site condition and approved by the client in PDF Format.
9. Material Reconciliation Statement - MRS as per DEWA standard format for cable and Betterment ducts in PDF Format, along with the following documents for Completion Certificate Application.
- DEWA store issued voucher or store return.
- Material transfer note if available.
10. Final Duct summary details for DEWA ED Betterment Work only as per DEWA standard format signed and stamped by project consultants and contractors in PDF Format.
11. DEWA Approval letter of material if procured from outside.
12. Copy of DEWA ED Approved BOQ for Betterment Work, applicable to RTA Projects.
13. Final actual Cost BOQ for DEWA ED betterment work acknowledged by RTA, applicable to RTA Projects for Completion Certificate Application.
14. Duct and Duct Marker inspection record singed by DEWA ED representative for the future proposed spare, split, and extension Ducts.
15. CSV files in accordance with DEWA digital submission standard.
16. DEWA Water Department checklist clearance acknowledged by DEWA Water Project, for Completion Certificate Application.
17. Cable backfilling checklist for 6.6KV, 11KV & 33KV slewing, raising, and lowering work, if Applicable.
Clients can track the status of the application, upload and submit additional documents, download the approved documents, project status notification for the technical inspection, and many more through the E-service one window system. Our team understands how necessary DEWA Application on Completion Certificate for the Final Clearance and As-Built Approval to projects, hence we provide the right and accurate support for the acquisition of approvals.